Thursday, June 23, 2011

Super Hero Capes and real life Super Heroes

The past few weeks have been an eye opener for me. I have realized how lucky I really am and how much I am thankful for. My last post was a Debbie Downer I know but sometimes you need to get things off your chest.

I made Car and Ry both capes out of t-shirts. They loved them and the capes were super easy to make. I made both of them in about an hour. They ran around the back yard and had a blast playing with the capes.

Our friends who have a daughter with Leukodestrophy have been through a lot in the past two weeks. Elizas father was in a terribly biking accident and has a long road ahead of him to recover. I have been in awe of their handling of this new trail in their life. I have never meet anyone so full of faith and grace. I am grateful for their example through all of this. If you want to know more about Eliza and her family check out www.elizaswish.org and than go to the tab How She is Doing. There is updates on her dad on that tab. I can say that there are real super heroes out there!

2 comments:

Nana said...

How cute! ! It almost makes their Nana cry. By-the-way, I love your blog wallpaper.

Niki B said...

you are amazing. and i don't think your last post was a debi-downer AT ALL! you continue to inspire me.

love you.
xoxo